ZAMBIA WATCH DOG
ZAMBIA WATCH DOG
President Sata,Situmbeko Musokotwane, Finance minister bank of Zambia, Zambian Watchdog, gold scandal, false allegations. Speaking through his spokespersons, Sata has maintained that Musokotwane was paid two salaries when he was minister of Finance.
Sata said Musokotwane got K5.5 bilion from the bank of Zambia between 2003 and 2008. He said the money was mostly allowances like Christmas bonuses. He said although the K5.5 billion payments to Musokotwane was approved by the previous government it was immoral because it was a lot of money. He said no other Bank of Zambia official or president of Zambia was ever paid that kind of money before. He said when Musokotwane was appointed minister of Finance; he got two salaries for the period November 2008 to February 2009.
From the time he became president, Sata has been making allegations against individuals but most of these allegations have turned out to be false. One example involves Switzerland-based businessman Nicolae Buzaianu over the gold scam story which engulfed the country after Sata alleged that Buzaianu, former president Rupiah Banda and others stole gold.
Sata was forced to issue a public apology to Buzaianu when it was established that the allegations were incorrect. On November 16, 2011, Sata said he found Buzaianu’s demands understandable considering the allegations.
“Dr. Buzaianu’s demand for an apology and compensation originally appeared groundless and now acceptable for Zambia. Dr. Buzaianu was at liberty to exhaust all legal avenues available to him since that is the democratic way. Infact, we need Dr. Buzaianu to come to Zambia and continue his UNESCO support.’
- From Zambian Watchdog (badnewstranslation.wordpress.com)
- From Zambian Watchdog (zambiagold.wordpress.com)
- Sata says Situmbeko Musokotwane was paid K5.5 billion and got two salaries (capitalpostnews.wordpress.com)
- What Next in Zambia by Cecil Bello (africasvoice.wordpress.com)
- Zambia: Sata Will Apologise to Bogdan Buzaianu from Adimu Amina (zambianamswers.wordpress.com)
- President Michael Sata offers an apology to philanthropist (michaelsatapresssecretary.wordpress.com)
- SWITZERLAND-BASED businessman Bogdan Buzaianu cleared of all allegations – The Post (zambianamswers.wordpress.com)
- Government was ready for Buzaianu ‘gold’ case but Bogdan Buzaianu has been cleared (zambianamswers.wordpress.com)
- Apology to the ‘Man of Gold Bogdan Buzaianu’ – Sata – News Feature Article (zambianamswers.wordpress.com)